SQL Developer / Systems Analyst
Company Apply Now
Reporting to the Director of IT, this entry to mid-level management position has a particular focus on analysis and reporting of business data. A flexible and nimble-minded individual is required to provide timely reporting and data analysis in addition to delivering on other IT related projects.
The successful applicant will spend approximately 70% of their working time on analysis, report writing and programming. The balance of responsibilities will be spent providing prompt and effective end-user Helpdesk support at all locations for IT related functions, as well as providing assistance on special IT related projects.
You are a positive, self motivated individual with a proven track record highlighting:
Business Analysis / Decision Support
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field
- 0-5 years experience as a programmer, business analyst or database administrator
- 2+ years experience at a supervisory or managerial level would be an asset
- Experience in project management on projects of significant size
- Experience supporting IT infrastructure including servers, networks and desktop services
- Experience creating database queries and reports with the following technologies:
- Database: SQL Server, MySQL and Rocket U2-Unidata
- Data warehouse principles: logical and physical
- Strong knowledge of business intelligence reporting tools:
- MS SQL Server (Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio)
- Stored Procedures and SSRS
- Experience with web development using the following technologies:
Generalist / Troubleshooter / Helpdesk
- System Administration and network experience using the following technologies:
- Windows Server 2003 / 2008 R2
- Server Virtualization (VMware ESXi), BES (BB Enterprise Server), Exchange 2007
- Cisco WAPs, Windows PCs, Wyse thin clients, POS/Debit card devices
- Active Directory
- Understanding of basic networking including TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs and VPN
A retail background is not necessary.
You have nothing to lose - except the opportunity to have a great career at a great company!