Game Designer - Schell Games
Company Apply Now
Schell Games is seeking a Game Designer. This position requires a candidate who has a balance of gameplay design, aesthetics design and technical knowledge. The Game Designer will need to understand and communicate technical requirements of gameplay designs. Additionally, the Game Designer must be able to formulate and participate in playtests with the core demographic, and have the ability and willingness to iterate based on feedback.
Experience with location-based entertainment (LBE) is highly important.
The Game Designer will be primarily responsible for:
- Mechanics: Design, prototyping, and iteration of gameplay mechanics that realize the vision of the client, the project director, and lead designer
- UX: Design UI flow and player experience for game systems
- Content: Outline content needs for gameplay systems; work with writer & other team members to get content into game
- Balance: Iterate, balance, and adjust gameplay elements based on feedback from the project lead, lead designer, QA, and play testing
- Documentation: Draft, maintain, and review internal design documentation, including feature specifications and implementation guides
- Playtesting: Analyze data and player feedback to continually optimize existing game experience
- Relevant education plus 2-4 years of industry experience
- Demonstrated success designing and creating compelling gameplay
- Ability to work collaboratively to support other designers, art, & tech team members
- Strong knowledge of prototyping best practices
- Strong knowledge of playtesting best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working in Google Docs & Microsoft Office
Preferred Skills and Pluses:
- Experience or desire to work on transformational or educational games
- Experience with mobile or touch screen games
- Experience in location-based entertainment (LBE)
- Knowledge of AGILE production methodology
To apply for this position, please submit your resume.