NCCER Craft Instructor
Facility Solutions Group is dedicated to timeless contribution and service in lighting, electrical, energy, and technology fields. Our mission is to consistently provide our customers with superior value through quality products, service and support by contributing to the quality of life of all employees.
As one of the nation’s largest single-source providers of lighting and electrical products, electrical services, electrical construction, and energy management solutions Facility Solutions Group is expanding their staff and seeking an NCCER Craft Instructor for the FSG - Safety team.
NCCER Craft Electrical instructors are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of our apprenticeship program. Facility Solutions Group, Inc. (FSG) accepts applications year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. NCCER Craft Electrical instructor hiring is based on student demand. We may offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes are offered at our San Antonio, TX facility during the academic year. As a general rule, NCCER Craft Electrical instructors may work approximately 18 to 20 hours each week. Applications submitted online are accessed and reviewed by hiring managers as the need to hire arises. There is normally no communication with applicants unless they are selected for an interview. We are looking for NCCER instructors to join our team.
An NCCER Craft Instructor will:
- Teach Electrical Worker courses at a variety of times.
- Demonstrate mastery of NCCER electrical course content
- Submit required reports and forms in a timely manner to Corporate Office.
- Use the course syllabus for each course.
- Meet with and advises students either before or after class or by appointment, electronic communication, or other appropriate methods.
- Evaluate students to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and informs students in a timely manner of their progress.
- Maintain professional relationships with students and colleagues.
- Continuously improve instructional quality by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques and delivery methods.
- Attend meetings, training, and orientation sessions as required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to multi-cultural and multi-generational diversity
- Possess knowledge of power and hand tools related to the craft or trade
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of documented Electrician's experience at the journeyman level, including at least 1 year in a leadership/supervisory role and verify the various responsibilities undertaken in the discharge of those duties OR
- Minimum 3 years experience as a certified teacher in a vocational/technical construction or maintenance related training program
- Possess an Electrical Worker Journeyman credential or equivalent
- Possess an NCCER Instructor certification or be willing to complete the NCCER Instructor Certification Training Program (ICTP), and obtain the appropriate certification from NCCER in the CORE and the Electrical Craft area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
Hours will vary depending on class time and demands of the program
Advancement opportunities for outstanding performers!
FSG is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.