Sr. .NET Developer
Company Apply Now
Isn't time to work with a leader?
Guidance Solutions located steps from the beach is a leader in the eCommerce and social commerce industry; we work with high profile clients such as Foot Locker and Burlington Coat Factory.
We are currently seeking a Sr. .NET Developer. At Guidance, we enjoy a relaxed, casual, fun environment where you can come to work and join your colleagues in collaboration. In addition, to great pay and benefits, we enjoy an inclusive, collaborative environment where we welcome jeans and t-shirts as well as slacks and polos. If you want to stand out from the crowd, learn new technologies, create innovative sites and have fun, Guidance is the place for you!
We have been named one of the Best Places to Work in LA. We are proud to be environmentally and socially conscious; a 100% carbon neutral company.
If you are looking for the opportunity to make a difference; come join us at the beach. Come play with the best.
Our ideal candidate is a team player who likes working with minimal supervision, building high quality .NET product technology and loves working in a fast paced, dynamic environment. If this is you, don’t miss out on this career building opportunity.
- Develop software in a hands-on capacity by writing .NET source code (C#), developing databases using Microsoft SQL Server, and integrating solutions with leading Microsoft server software platforms (Commerce Server, Community Server, SQL Server, etc.)
- Effectively handle changing priorities and requirements
- Perform code review sessions with other developers and suggest improvements or alternate strategies when appropriate
- Assist project managers and directors with the creation of task-level project plans that detail the specific tasks required to deliver a solution
- Work closely with project managers, directors, and account managers to ensure that client expectations are met and that project schedules and budgets are adhered to
- Assist less senior members of the staff with hands-on development work in high-pressure, time sensitive situations
- Develop technical documentation
- Create and update both design and functional documents
- Identify and troubleshoot issues as needed, documenting development
- Perform a mix of maintenance, enhancements and new development as required
- Implement project applications according to specifications
- Research technical issues and provide recommendations to enhance client web sites
- Work independently and as part of a team to create cutting edge eCommerce & mobile sites
- Test sites to ensure optimal usability
- Juggle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Meet stipulated deadlines
- 5+ years hands-on experience in software design and development, database design and development, and system integration
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft technologies, specifically: .NET development, ASP.NET development, C#, XML, SOAP, Web Services, SQL Server, Windows 2000/2003 server, Active Directory integration (for centralized user authentication / authorization)
- Experience developing software using a formal and structured development methodology
- Collaborative development in a team environment
- Formal testing / software quality assurance experience, including hierarchical test cycle (unit test / application test / system test / user-acceptance test)
- Iterative approach to development, using short development cycles and frequent builds
- Object Oriented Programming / Object Oriented Design (OOP/OOD)
- Ability to develop secure solutions and knowledge of industry best practices regarding information security and defensive development
- Hands-on development experience with one or more of the following Microsoft technologies
- Hands-on experience in ecommerce software development a plus: MediaChase, Episerver, Commerce Server, Content Management Server
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, CS or equivalent experience; MCPD a plus
All applicants must be a strong fit with Guidance's core values:
- Honesty, integrity and fairness
- Respect for individual ability, creativity and diversity
- Teamwork and open communication
- Passion and commitment
- Enjoyment of work and life
Guidance is an equal opportunity employer who provides a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salaries commensurate with experience.