The Mortgage Consultant pro-actively markets and promotes Capital City Home Loans financial products to meet established loan quality and production goals. The Mortgage Consultant represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner by providing an exceptional level of customer service, supporting and adhering to our core values in all functions of the job responsibilities and interaction with internal and external customers.
In this on-going sales role, the Mortgage Consultant continually identifies, develops and maintains a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. A Mortgage Consultant's network may consist of Real Estate professionals, Builders, professional and personal contacts, as well as other valuable referral sources, and is enhanced by the Mortgage Consultant's regular participation in business related development opportunities, community efforts to promote homeownership and professional organizations.
The Mortgage Consultant responds to customer inquiries and referrals in a timely manner. The Mortgage Consultant conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information. The Mortgage Consultant ensures exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA requirements.
- Minimum of 1 year residential mortgage lending experience with a focus on generating self-sourced business.
- Verifiable, established network of referral business including Real Estate professionals and other centers of influence.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Responsible for knowing product manuals and understanding all company loan programs and their requirements.
- Responsible for staying up to date on federal, state, and local laws, regulations, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, USDA and VA as they pertain to the mortgage lending industry.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences.
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
- Strong computer skills.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills.