Facilities Storage Engineers X3
Company Apply Now
Our client, a provincial crown corporation, is in need of more than a dozen Engineers and/or EITs to join a variety of technical groups in both Regina and Saskatoon. These are initially 1 year contracts with opportunities to extend up to 5 years total.
The ideal contractors will possess knowledge of Federal/Provincial/Corporate Standards & Guidelines, Canadian Codes associated with the Oil and Gas industry (CSA Z662, ASME B31.1, and ASME B31.3), and Industry Best Practices, as well as familiarity with software and databases for collaborative purposes. The ideal contractors will bring a balance of engineering knowledge with a proficiency in utilizing technology to interact with field staff and engineering departments who utilize corporate standards in day to day operations. These positions are primarily office based, but may have occasional field visits to verify work, implement/enable audits and adherence checks, and participate in troubleshooting and analysis. These contractors will be in close communication with a number of departments throughout the business. The interaction with numerous departments and operations staff requires strong organizational and communication abilities. The interaction with field and survey staff also requires an ability to learn quickly, troubleshoot effectively, and multi-task daily, while still completing long term objectives.
This position will be based out of an office in Regina, though some of the job duties will require travel to satellite facilities, which may include overnight stays.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Support capital projects in 2017 and 2018, both green field and brownfield compressor station builds, create cost estimates, and manage contractors or site supervise work in accordance Corporate standards and/or industry best practices.
- Maintenance and support of existing and new green field builds for natural gas compressor stations on the TransGas and MIPL pipeline systems within Saskatchewan.
- Provide support of operational business units in maintenance and system improvement work within Compressor stations to manage overall efficiency improvements and/or abandonment of existing assets.
Candidates Must possess a Degree in Engineering in one of the following specializations: Mechanical, Industrial, Petroleum, Environmental, Civil, or Chemical Engineering.
Candidates should have experience with most of the following:
- A background in the oil and gas industry in an Engineering role
- CSA Z662, ASME B31.1, and ASME B31.3), and Industry Best Practices
- Natural Gas Piping Design & Construction
- Gas Distribution Design, natural gas regulator station design, customers connecting on natural gas distribution systems.
- Usage and familiarity with Synergy hydraulic modeling software.
- Dealing with Federal and Provincial Agencies in obtaining project approvals.
- Reading and interpreting mechanical facility drawings used in Natural Gas Compression (ie. Gathering and/or Pipeline Transmission).
- Working at natural gas transmission sites, engineering field work, gas compression projects and industrial sites.
- Pipeline integrity (inline inspection technology and direct inspection practices) experience.
- Pipelines, software and database to manage and perform data analysis, asset management based on risk evaluations and incident investigations.
- Leak survey and managing leak survey data. Experience with field staff and leak surveyors to manage integrity inspections / surveys.
- Familiarity with multi levels of natural gas regulations and standards. Pipeline industry best practices/guidelines. Auditing of the internal standards in the field. Experience with training programs / safety standards.
- P&ID and PFD drawings
- Project Management experience; a background in managing projects within an organization that employs a formal project management system.
- Demonstrated strong organization and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Experience with both the office and field environment.
- Varied engineering background including technical analysis and project experience, ability to work independently to analyze, troubleshoot, and manage program tasks while multi-tasking duties for several aspects of the overall department.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Microsoft Share Point
- Lotus Notes