Project Management Assistant
Company Apply Now
CCS Professional Services
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Contract, Management and Executive, Government, Information Technology, Software and Programming
Our client, a ministry within the government of Saskatchewan, is in need of an experienced Project Assistant to join a Regina project team for a 1 to 3 year contract.
- On an ongoing basis, works with project team to assist with tracking task and project assignments, follows up on action items, etc.
- This role will be responsible for reviewing all plans on a weekly basis for late tasks and updating completed tasks.
- Run reports using various project tools to provide status on tasks by deliverable for the project team and senior management meetings.
- Create, track, update and follow up on issues or risks identified across the project; escalate bottlenecks and encourage team leads to work upcoming issues and tasks.
- Maintain document control in the project repository for all project final deliverables; ensure complete documentation of Decision Items; filing of documents and cleaning up documentation.
- Provide assistance, when required, in tracking project test activities
- Assist the project team and team leads in meetings/workshops with capturing meeting notes, issues, risk, tasks, and other documentation as required.
- Schedule project meetings, user feedback sessions, training, etc. as requested by the Project Manager and Project Director.
- Support the readiness of facilities; ensure software and hardware requirements are in place for various workshops, training sessions, etc.
- Provide quality assurance to all processes and project standards; develop forms and templates to communicate new/modified processes.
- Prepare monthly budget information and follow up on work orders, etc.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience performing an administrative role on IT or Financial projects and project related work
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience assisting a project manager (or similar lead role) in identifying, tracking and reporting on project action items, issues and risks.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with Microsoft Office Tools, specifically, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience performing administrative support duties for a project manager
- Demonstrated experience working with team members to update and track project tasks and assignments to reflect current status and identify activities that are not tracking to schedule.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling meetings and ensuring facilities, equipment and documentation are in place for the appropriate meeting, workshop or client working session.
- Demonstrated experience documenting meeting minutes, issues and actions.
- Demonstrated experience managing a project library.
- Demonstrated experience creating, updating, and distributing status reports to a project manager
- Demonstrated experience working within a cross-functional project team where some members work remotely.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize own workload to meet the timelines of the project in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Demonstrated familiarity with basic project management methodologies and processes.