Senior Quality Engineer
India, Karnataka, India
Information Technology, Software and Programming
ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
Provides technical and consultative assistance on engagements involving implementing the OPENTEXT Documentum product suite for our world-wide customers. Understands customer requirements, conducts detailed technical design, determines level of effort & implementation approach, performs installation, development & integration and prepares technical documentation. Key responsibility is to assist the project manager and other senior staff as part of consulting engagements to evaluate client needs, assess implementation options, propose appropriate solutions and ensure delivery quality. Capable of performing assigned tasks with minimal supervision. Provides assistance and guidance to junior staff members in solving technical implementation issues.
You are great at:
- Represent OPENTEXT in a professional manner to customers, partners and other OPENTEXT personnel at all times
- Support and report to engagement project manager while assigned to active customer engagements. Regularly communicate status to the engagement project manager and proactively identify issues and preventive/remedial measures
- Establishes relationships with client technical counterparts. Participates in client meetings related to solution scoping and planning. Assist in the creation of proposals that address current and evolving client requirements
- Understand requirements, conduct detailed design, determine level of effort, plan work breakdown structures and implementation approach
- Perform installation, development, configuration, integration and testing activities. Collaborate with senior staff and the engagement project manager as required during difficult customer situations. Work in conjunction with colleagues and the Product Support organization to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations
- Perform code reviews and periodic quality checks to ensure delivery quality is maintained
- Prepare, maintain and submit activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports in accordance with published procedures. Keep project managers informed of activities and alert of any issues promptly. Provide inputs as part of engagement closure on project learnings and suggest improvements
- Provide knowledge transfer to team members, train staff personnel, provide on the job guidance and mentoring and conduct training sessions to customer personnel when authorized by management
- Adhere to processes and methodologies to perform the required function. Report deviations from defined processes to the engagement project manager and recommend associated improvements
- Acquire OPENTEXT Proven Certification in Documentum Content Management/xCP foundations, administration, programming, development
What it takes:
- Strong grasp of the principles of testing and the value proposition it offers to customers
- Broad technical knowledge of application and system architecture, enterprise integration methods, relational databases, and object oriented languages
- Exposure to software testing methodologies (test planning, test scope identification, estimation, devising test strategy, test case development, test execution, defect management).
- Good understanding of technology areas related to the Practice (testing, test automation, functional testing etc….)
- Desired grasp of the principles of Enterprise Content Management systems
- Desired experience in Documentum Content Server, DFS, DFC, BOF, WDK, DQL, TaskSpace, BPM, Captiva, Documentum Administrator, WebLogic, Tomcat
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming, Web Services, LDAP configuration, and RDBMS concepts
- Working knowledge of Unix and Windows operating systems
- Strong analytical skills combined with ability to work in a fast-paced environment with geographically distributed teams
- Domain expertise in Life Sciences, Public Sector, Energy or Engineering industries highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good team and interpersonal skills
- Experience using HP Quality Center/ALM or a similar tool preferred
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation in completing the application process please email [email protected]