Office Administration / Reception
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Founded in 1927, Trotter & Morton is a commercial, civil, and industrial construction company. Trotter & Morton has provided integrated construction services to many of Western Canada’s iconic large-scale construction projects.
By leveraging the diversity of its skilled workforce, Trotter & Morton is able to offer its
clients multi-service solutions from the initial stages of site demolition and preparation, advancing through all aspects of construction, and continuing after the build with on-going maintenance.
Trotter & Morton Group of Companies completes approximately 2,500 projects a year, and is recognized as an industry leader in safety, continually striving for a zero-incident workplace.
Trotter & Morton—there for the build and beyond.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the office as needed.
- Create a professional first impression while managing and monitoring the reception area at all times
- Respond to telephone, e-mail and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners and other parties in a prompt manner
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions or departments across the organization
- Forward call center messages to appropriate staff members
- Receive and distribute all forms of paper correspondence including faxes in a timely manner
- Administer and manage inbound and outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services and other correspondence
- Scan and validate incoming invoices and distribute them to the appropriate staff
- Lead or assist with the planning and execution of company events
- Organize, maintain and assist in compiling data for various reports
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Perform other duties as required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Working knowledge of business procedures, letters and report formats
- Professional, approachable and customer-service oriented
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Administration experience or general office experience preferred
- Completion of Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
Build Your Career with Trotter & Morton
At Trotter & Morton, we attract the best workforce by offering great compensation and benefits, a safe and inclusive work environment and ongoing training and career development.
Trotter & Morton’s employees are a valued resource. We aspire to maintain a safe work environment that fosters personal and professional growth and respect for each other. Every employee is responsible for maintaining this environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, colour or any other protected class.
If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.