OSC Internal Controls Specialist (m/f)
We are Bombardier
Get on board, we can drive you further in your career!
As the world’s leading manufacturer of both planes and trains, we have built an extensive and diverse portfolio of winning mobility solutions. Everywhere people travel by land and in the air, a Bombardier product is ready to transport them. From category-defining business, jets and commercial aircraft designed for the challenges of today, to sleek high-speed trains and public transit that is smarter than ever.
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions, setting new standards in sustainable mobility.
The Finance Operations Center is responsible for the finance end to end process of all Bombardier Transportation globally with more than 7 years of experience. The processes managed are: Accounts Payable & Receivable, Cash Management, General Ledger, Closing & Reporting and Controlling. Our team is strong and trustworthy business partner while ensuring financial governance towards business operations.
For our Finance Center, based in Cluj-Napoca we are looking for a:
OSC* Internal Controls Specialist
(*Ontario Security Commission)
Guided by SOX* methodology (*Sarbanes-Oxley Act) you will be accountable to deliver OSC Cycle and support ad hoc related Internal Control activities as applicable in order to achieve and sustain compliance with Ontario Security Commission regulations OSC 52-109
- Perform testing procedures to validate and assess the design and the operational effectiveness of the relevant internal controls per assigned sub-process
- Providing support to Business Process Owners ("BPOs") in the preparation of the financial processes documentation (narrative and flowchart) and internal controls definitions
- Supporting in annual scoping exercise as well as in status and gap reporting to Internal Audit Certifiers
- Supporting internal control related activities as applicable (e.g. CASRA/EY audits, fraud prevention, reinforcement of local, Group and Corporate Policies and Procedures)
- Supporting process improvement for financial processes, assess and monitor the risks and the benefits of the improvements
- Ensure maintenance of OSC 52-109 tools and methodology
- Ensuring consistency of the internal controls process across the organization
- Regular monitoring and reporting promptly any information/risk that may impact the OSC certification process to OSC Management Team
- Establishing and spreading internal controls best practices across the organization
- Education: Degree level qualification (masters preferred) in Finance or Business Administration
- Foreign Languages: English – at a proficient level; any other European language would be an advantage
Working experience: at least 2 years relevant professional experience in relevant finance processes, such as General Ledger, Closing & Reporting, Controlling, Procurement or Audit
- Advanced MS EXCEL skills and previous experience in designing Excel based dashboards/balanced scorecards and automation tools is mandatory for this role;
- Basic-Medium programing skills & knowledge in scripting languages as VBA and/or SQL.
- Knowledge on international accounting standards, tax accounting, audit and financial management
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication, teamwork skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
Why work for us?
The Finance Operations Centre in Cluj-Napoca offers an outstanding professional environment with career development opportunities you would expect of a market leading international organisation. We are located in the centre of the city and we offer an open, having a friendly working environment.
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, submit your application by visiting our Career Site or Facebook page:
Your ideas move people!