Associate Software Quality Engineer
India, Karnataka, India
Information Technology, Software and Programming
ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
- As a Associate Software Quality Engineer, you will be working on our D2 client product on all major and minor releases
- You will be part of an agile team, working on story testing, functional and regression testing
- You will contribute towards UI and REST automation.
- Work independently on specialized assignments within the context of project/functional deliverables
- You are expected to bring in technical innovation within your product area.
- Typically, you would have had 1+years of experience in testing Web based applications.
You are great at:
- Knowledge/Experience of testing Web based applications.
- Strong in testing concepts and SDLC/STLC.
- Understands agile methodology.
- Knowledge/Experience on OS/DB and App servers. Apache/Web logic/Web Sphere
- Experience on both Windows and Unix platforms.
- You have passion for:
- High transactional volume, 24x7, mission critical, secured real-time systems
- Operational quality and customer satisfaction
- Drive inefficiencies from the infrastructure
What it takes:
- Experience/Understanding of testing web based applications and its architecture.
- Understands continuous integration.
- Strong in understanding and designing of test scenarios and validations.
- Knowledge of Selenium plus, Understanding of REST services is a plus
- Strong in Core Java and OOPS concept
- Knowledge of SQL/PLSQL (oracle)
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written and listening
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in deadline driven environment, and respond creatively to pressure.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering. Masters preferred.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email [email protected]