Group Management Accountant
Company Apply Now
The Curtain Bros Group is one of the largest privately owned companies in Papua New Guinea, having operated in PNG for over 50 years. Its central administration is located on Motukea Island, a 106 hectare commercial property 12 kilometres outside Port Moresby where staff are accommodated. Its operations include civil engineering and general contracting, building and property development, ownership and management of residential properties, manufacturing and fabrication, shipping and ship repair.
Responsibilities include supervision and training of staff as well as working with management to improve systems and procedures. As this role is responsible for ensuring that all costs and revenues are captured correctly in Navision and to ensure that internal controls are developed and maintained, a high level of understand of and experience with Navision software is essential.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following key responsibilities:
- Timely preparation of monthly group management accounts;
- Analysis of monthly reporting;
- Preparation of financial reports to Group bankers and lenders.
- Responsibility for company accounts, group consolidations and liaison with external auditors.
- Supervision of preparation of returns including Salary & Wages Tax, GST and Withholding Tax returns
- Preparation of tax reconciliations and work papers and liaison with external accountants for preparation of tax returns.
- Supervision of the responsible accountants for each Group company for accounts receivable and payable.
- Supervision of Group payroll system.
- Training and mentoring of staff accountants.
- Provision and supervision of Navision training.
- Working with management and other departments to improve accounting systems and processes.
- Degree in Accounting.
- Membership of a relevant professional body - CPA/CA - and eligibility for membership with CPAPNG.
- High level of experience in using Navision software.
- Salary is negotiable on experience;
- Permanent position - 15 weeks on site / 21 days leave working, 5.5 days per week;
- Eligibility to obtain an PNG Working Resident Employment Visa;
- Secure Accommodation based at Motukea Island; and
- Return airfares to point of mobilisation and full medical insurance.