Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
This is a great opportunity for an accomplished administrative professional. You will play a hands-on role in supporting all vital office functions, including the coordination of priority actions, correspondence control, inter-departmental liaison and the provision of advice, communication, intelligence and interpretations.
The successful candidate will
• Coordinate all priority actions of the office ensuring prompt, effective follow-up
• Liaise with and provide support to Management Committees, as appropriate
• Compose and sign replies to general inquiries of a non-technical nature
• Control flow of correspondence in and out of the office, promoting efficient and prompt responses
• Provide analysis and recommendations, as appropriate, on significant and routine office matters
• Type letters, memoranda, reports, minutes and other material from shorthand notes, voice recordings, prepared copy and rough drafts
Job requirements (Education and Work experience)
• High School Diploma
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a secretarial/administrative assistant role
• Knowledge and experience using the following software: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), SAP
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Notice to Applicants: In order for Canada Post Human Resources to invite applicants for interviews, please ensure Email Communication Consent preferences are set to allow emails. Consent may be found in the career profile. Applicants should check email junk/spam folders regularly as Canada Post communicates with applicants via email.
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values
Decision Making - A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability - An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation - A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution - A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People - A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post offers
A total compensation package
• Competitive salary
• Annual incentive program
• Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
• Vacation and leave options
• Defined Contribution Component of the Canada Post Corporation Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
• Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers' changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
• You'll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada's largest employers we're committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Are you interested in this job?