(Senior) Research Engineer - Energy
Company Apply Now
The appointee will work on the development of polymer composite materials for energy storage applications. He/she will work in a team which is responsible for:
- Design and fabrication of the polymer composite material;
- Optimization of composite formulations for potential scale-up processes;
- Characterization and testing of physical, chemical, and mechanical properties of the material;
- Testing of the performance of the material that tailored-made to the requirements of industrial partners;
- Support scale up and commercialization of all R&D results for industrial partners;
- Prepare technical reports and presentations in timely manner;
- Meet all project timelines and milestones;
- Support the incubation of ideas to explore new cooperation opportunities with industrial partners; and
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
- University degree in Chemistry, preferably with specialization in inorganic chemistry, and/or polymer science, and/or organometallic chemistry, and/or material science;
- Master degree with at least 1 year industrial experience, or fresh doctorate is an advantage;
- Knowledge of basic organic/inorganic reactions, and/or chemical synthesis, and/or catalysis is an added advantage;
- Prior experiences on advanced material development is an added advantage;
- Solid hands-on experiences in laboratory and work; experience in supporting scale-up process is an added advantage;
- Competent in technical writing and reporting;
- Ability to initiate and work independently;
- A good team player with strong problem-solving and communications skills; creative in generating/incubating new ideas;
- Competent in spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese); ability to speak Mandarin is an advantage;
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Engineers.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Medical and dental benefits as well as annual leave will be provided. Appointment will be offered on a contract basis, renewable subject to mutual agreement and performance.
APPLY NOW. We thank applicants for their interests, but advise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the results of their applications.
(Applicants who do not hear from us within 8 weeks may consider their application unsuccessful and their data will be destroyed within 24 months of receipt.)