Legal Counsel, Corporate/Commercial
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
If you have the ambition, talent and drive, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic legal professional with strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. You will join a collegial team of talented professionals and use your strong legal acumen to deal with a variety of challenging issues and projects while working with diverse senior management clients.
The successful candidate will
• Negotiate and draft complex commercial, intellectual property and technology licensing agreements to advance the corporation's interests
• Manage commercial litigations and other legal processes
• Provide advice on corporate commercial matters
• Provide a strategic blend of business and legal advice to senior management
• Prepare legal opinions on a variety of commercial, regulatory and governance issues
• Advise on internal and external communications
Job requirements (Education and Work experience)
• A law degree from a recognized institution and membership in good standing of a provincial bar
• Minimum 2 years' experience in corporate/commercial law
• Experience in the negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts such as procurement agreements, sales agreements, technology licences;
•Experience providing legal advice in areas such as regulatory law, corporate and commercial issues such as marketing, competition law and intellectual property;
• Candidates with demonstrated ability to practice these areas of law in both official languages are strongly preferred
• Strong communication skills, proven leadership capabilities, and the ability to work independently
• An effective, self-sufficient office and research technology user (familiarity with electronic document/file management is an asset)
• Motivation, an aptitude as a self-starter, and an ability to "hit the ground running"
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Notice to Applicants: In order for Canada Post Human Resources to invite applicants for interviews, please ensure Email Communication Consent preferences are set to allow emails. Consent may be found in the career profile. Applicants should check email junk/spam folders regularly as Canada Post communicates with applicants via email.
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values
Decision Making - A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability - An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation - A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution - A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People - A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post offers
A total compensation package
• Competitive salary
• Annual incentive program
• Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
• Vacation and leave options
• Defined Contribution Component of the Canada Post Corporation Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
• Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers' changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
• You'll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada's largest employers we're committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Are you interested in this job?