Summer Camp Ecology Director
Company Apply Now
If you are a nature lover with an adventurous heart; come spend the summer with us!
The Ecology Director comes to work everyday in a classroom full of tranquil landscapes and beautiful lakefronts - They are driven by a passion for the outdoors and strive to inspire every camper's appreciation, respect and engagement of and with the natural world.
- The Ecology Director is responsible for the development and facilitation of the Environmental Resource Center’s education program; centering around providing campers with hands-on opportunities for conservation and ecological learning through projects and observations of the natural world.
- The Ecology Director is also responsible for training and supervising the Ecology staff members and ensuring a quality education and experience for the participants.
- Maintain the camp’s inventory and records of the Environmental Resource Center’s equipment.
- Maintains a positive attitude towards all campers and unit leaders. Provides an efficient, supportive and friendly work environment for the Area’s staff members.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Be able and willing to participate in a week long paid Ecology/Conservation training provided by the BSA’s National Camping School. Dates range from Early May to Mid-June; for more details see the Ecology Training Calendar. All travel and other expenses will be reimbursed.
- Or a qualified applicant may also have equivalent educational training in such fields as forestry, soil and water conservation, fish and wildlife, earth science, ecology, environmental specialties, etc. Students who have completed their sophomore year in college with a major in one of the above fields and have worked actively for one or more summers in a nature center or conservation oriented staff position in a summer camp may be considered to have equivalent training.
- Approx. 8.5 week long contract with a bi-weekly direct deposit salary. Weekly salary is weighted on applicant experience level.
- Staff are provided with Food and Board. All staff living quarters are equipped with comfortable amenities.
- One night off during the weekdays starting by 5:00 PM, and time off from noon on Saturday until noon on Sunday each weekend. Breaks during the day are also allotted.
- Excellent potential for promotion upon return to staff the following summer.
- Supportive community of fellow staff, new friendships and experiences.