1st Year Apprentice Chef
Due to ongoing success, our client's Busy restaurant, based in Dubbo is seeking a passionate and reliable 1st Year Apprentice Chef to join their team.
This opportunity will appeal to a local and recent school leaver or current Yr. 12 student who is seeking a new challenge and career advancement with a growing local services area. 2nd or 3rd Year Apprentices are also encouraged to apply.
On offer as a Skillset Workforce Apprentice, you will receive the best in quality training at TAFE Western's state of the Hospitality Training Centre based in Dubbo and will complete a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery. To be considered for this role, reliable transport and the ability to work in a team is required.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow Head Chef or sous Chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
To be successful in this role you will:
- A passion for the Hospitality Industry
- Flexibility to work weekends and broken shifts
- Demonstrated genuine interest in a career in hospitality
- Enjoy practical work
- Able to calculate weights and measures
- Physically fit with good mobility and good hand-eye coordination
- Able to work independently
- Proven experience as cook, desirable, however; not essential
- Understanding of cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware
- Understanding of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent safety awareness
- Ambition to succeed in the Building & Construction industry
- Be able to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Neat and tidy presentation
- Successful completion of the HSC (current Yr. 12 are encouraged to apply)
- Completion of a TVET or pre-apprenticeship course is desirable but not a necessity
- A willingness to learn new skills and a flexible approach to work tasks
- Be motivated to undertake four years of study and training
- Hold a current NSW Drivers licence (Red or Green P’s)
A flexible candidate with a 'can do' attitude will be highly regarded as culture fit is very important to our client.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the "Apply Now" button to upload your Resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contract Skillset Workforce Dubbo Branch on 02 6884 8100.
Applications close: Sunday, 28 May 2016
At Skillset, your future is our focus. Skillset recruits the right people for your business: Permanent Placements, Temporary Staff and Apprentices, and Trainees.
Skillset has over 30 years' industry experience operating in the Central West providing a full range of end to end recruitment services tailored to each individual and organisation.