Scientific Tender Response Officer
We are currently recruiting a Tender Response Officer to begin work as soon as possible for our client - a prestigious manufacturer of precision scientific measurement tools.
This is a Permanent position with many excellent company benefits, including a generous relocation package, if necessary.
The Tender Response Officer (Europe) will project manage tenders and bids to ensure the highest quality proposals for all tender submissions within the Regional area. The post-holder will aim to increase the engagement of the Commercial teams to enable the client to be the preferred bidder in tender submissions.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with strong organisational, planning and time management skills. We are looking for someone who works proactively and is adaptable to a dynamic and changing environment.
This position requires a minimum of 3 years’ Commercial Sales knowledge or active understanding of scientific grant/tender application procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering or a related field of study;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, being highly competent in technical writing with strong attention to detail;
• The ability to work independently with initiative, possessing sound ethical business judgement;
• The ability to manage cross-functional contributors to ensure they meet internal deadlines;
• Advanced MS Word and MS Excel skills.
• Act as the Tender response coordinator for all tenders ensuring deadlines are met and the tender response is complete and fit for purpose. Be the point of contact for the Client. Follow up all tender submissions and report on outcomes.
• Liaise with Account Managers and Product Technical Specialists to:
- engage with tender opportunities prior to Grant / Tender submissions.
- ensure an accurate and professional response is delivered gaining price approval by Sales.
• Maintain search criteria on third party tender search engines and review search results on a daily basis. Periodic review of search criteria with Product Management.
• Act as the lead in written submission of tenders and co-ordinate input from all contributing departments including Sales, Product Management, Legal, Technical Specialists, Service, HR, IT, Finance and Production.
• Review Tender Terms and Conditions of Contract. Liaise with the Legal Counsel and Sales Manager to agree deviations prior to tender being submitted. Manage post tender negotiation between Legal Counsel and client Purchasing Officer.
• Complete Customer Questionnaires and 21 CFR Questionnaires for Sales and Service.
• Maintain a robust document library archive to support tender document material. Identify any missing documentation and work with Product Managers and Sales Management to develop missing support material.
• Contribute as required to market research, Tender response effectiveness, competitor Tender effectiveness and develop the Tender Response strategy.
• Understand tender scoring procedures and use this to inform the tender response tactics, including, if necessary, input on price discounting.
• Track grant applications, University Chairs and new Professors.
• Build effective relationships with key funding bodies and partners to enhance tender success rates and to support new business proposals.
• Provide guidance documentation to the Distributor network for tender / grant applications and submissions.
• Implement continuous improvement in tendering practice, including responding to feedback from tenders and learning from colleagues.
• Growth and profitability of Sales Revenue related to Public tenders.
• Build technical competency of Tender response documentation across all product lines.
• Ensure consistency for Tender response submissions.
• Maintain and build upon the professional image of the company
• Increase participation of Tender business.
• Increase visibility of Public Tenders within scope of supply.
Regular communication with National Sales Teams, Product Management, Marketing, Inside Sales, Technical Specialists, Bioscience Development teams and Contracts Officers.
Contractual hours 37.5 hrs per week, with a flexible approach to managing unpredictable workloads. This is a salaried position, which will be negotiated based upon your previous experience and overall suitability.
If you believe you meet the criteria to fulfil the demands of this position to the high standards required, please do not hesitate to call Struan Rytina at The Recruitment Company Midlands on 01905 73 1234, and send your CV along with a covering letter to support your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org