Assistant Flexo Press Operator
Company Apply Now
Fort Dearborn Company is the leading provider of high-impact decorative labels for high velocity consumer goods marketers. We supply labels to top Fortune 500 companies along with top US retailers.
Fort Dearborn Company (FDC) is currently undergoing exponential growth. Joining our team can be the stepping stone to a remarkable career in manufacturing. You will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to customer intimacy, excellence and industry leadership. We offer challenging and rewarding careers with the opportunity for growth.
Fort Dearborn Company is comprised of bright, driven individuals who produce high-quality work.
Provides assistance to the Press Operator in the set-up, make ready and operations required in the flexographic printing process. The Press Assistant is trained to operate a rewinder and plate mounter. Meets safety, housekeeping, quality, scrap, and productivity standards. The Assistant regularly interacts with other plant associates to achieve the goals of Fort Dearborn’s core strategies: Customer Intimacy, Financial Discipline, and a Performance Driven Culture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows all plant and corporate safety rules, procedures, and guidelines. Reports all safety concerns or issues to their immediate supervisor. Safety is Priority #1.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and area. Completes daily housekeeping assignments.
- Assists the Press Operator in the make ready process in accordance with the Job Ticket and Product Specification documents. Assists with cleaning of rollers, plate cylinders, anilox, doctor blade assemblies and other press components. Ensures cylinders, inks, substrates, tooling, dies, and anilox’s are staged.
- Reviews the press schedule to ensure supplies, tooling, ink, printing plates, are staged for upcoming jobs to minimize make ready time for the next job on press.
- Responsible for completing all related procedures, work instructions, and quality measurements as outlined in the BRC standard.
- Assists the Press Operator in all areas. Example - roll changes.
- Provides a continual supply of inks, substrate, print cylinders, chemical adhesives, and supplies to the press.
- Properly disposes of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials into the proper storage containers.
- Monitor press while running in absence of Press Operator.
- Completes required documentation in an accurate and prompt manner.
- Responsible for operation of Rewinders.
- Inputs all required information into the GlobeTek system for material usage and time in an accurate and prompt manner.
- Responsible for completing all required quality checks related to produce specifications, visual, and functional checks.
- Mounting of plates with the plate mounter.
- Measures and cuts cores to required dimensions.
- Treats all associates respectfully and professionally.
Education and/or Experience :
High school education or GED required. Prior printing press experience is preferred
Fort Dearborn Company offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, health, life, disability, 401(k), employee referral, paid holidays, vacation time and an incentive plan.