Quality Inspector - Automotive Industry - Entry Level
Phoenix Quality has openings for Quality Inspectors in Alliston, ON to come on board on a rotation basis. We are rapidly growing and we are looking for applicants who are hard-working, driven, and eager to learn and grow within the industry!
Phoenix Quality is a leading provider of quality inspection solutions with over 10 years of experience, and operations spanning Mexico, Asia, USA and Canada. We've proudly certified millions of parts and work to ensure our clients reduce or eliminate the need for third party inspection, sorting and containment.
The pay rate is $13.00/hour with the opportunity for health and dental benefits after 90 days (conditions may apply).
MUST have own transportation
Job Description for a Phoenix Quality Inspector:
- Perform visual inspections, gauge inspections, and functional verification of parts, typically automotive, to a set work instruction of safety and quality standards.
- Liaison between the supplier and the customer facility to ensure the product meets set criteria
- Review & understand in detail product specifications and work instructions.
- Collect and record accurate data regarding defects utilizing our proprietary E-Data Now mobile technology.
- Reject, tag and manage the initial disposition of defective material.
- Communicate sort/inspection results to managers, supervisors and customer/suppliers.
- Ensure worksite is in compliance with relevant local Health and Safety legislation and corporate policy.
- Read, understand and follow safe work procedures
- Job tasks vary by project so other duties may apply as assigned, such as machine operation, and repair.
- Maintain a 5S clean and sustainable work environment.
Qualifications for a Phoenix Quality Inspector:
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent an asset but not required.
- Valid Class G Driver’s License an asset.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and multitask.
- Demonstrated flexibility within a fast-paced challenging environment
- Ability to take initiative and recognize needs.
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Basic math skills required.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Must be willing to work on an on-call basis when required.
- Exposure to quality standards & practices an asset.
- Knowledge of Mobile or Tablet technology.
- Willingness to travel to other job sites when required is considered an asset
If you feel that you have what it takes and can hit the ground running then let's hear from you.
We thank all applicants, but advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Phoenix Quality will provide accommodation, accessible formats, and communication supports for the interview upon request.