Company Apply Now
PNGFP production facilities in Bulolo encompass the manufacture of an extensive range of plywood and timber products made from plantation pine. This includes CCA and ACQ pressure-treated products, including power poles, prefabricated building kits, furniture, and modular bridges. The Company adds further value to its products through the sale of houses under its Niu Homes brand. PNGFP also has a sales presence in Australia to support its plywood export market, and sales of bridges under its NiuBridge brand.
In addition PNGFP is a major independent power producer with three hydro power stations with a combined capacity of 14.9MW, and it supplies the majority of its capacity as bulk power to the PNG Power grid. The company also operates a cattle farm, bakery and retail stores. Its various divisions also include operations in Lae and Port Moresby, and employs over 1,300 workers.
Purpose of Role:
- Responsible to the General Manager - Finance for the day to day activities of the Accounting Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Day to day supervision and control over the work of:-
- Chief Accountant and Senior Financial Accountant
- Paymaster – Training of National Staff within this Division
- Assistant Accountant
- Lae Division Accounting Matters
- Production – Stock Control Supervisors
- Insurance and NPF
- ERP Systems Reconciliations
- Monthly Financial Accounting and Reporting Requirements
- Degree in Accounting.
- Member of Internationally Recognized Accounting Body and PNGIA.
- 5 years practical accounting experience of which at least 2 years at a Senior Level.
- Must have experience working with ERP systems – Sage experience very favourable.
- Experience in implementing ERP system would be viewed very favourably.
- Mature and stable personality, self motivating with ability to respond to deadlines etc.
- Able to control and relate to Junior Staff and Senior Management.
PNGFP requires candidates who are willing to take on a residential role in a rural environment, who are confident in overseeing and working with both qualified professionals and a semi-skilled PNG workforce, and who have a hands on approach to management. This is not a fly in fly out position.
This is a senior position and an attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. Benefits include accommodation with free utilities, use of a company vehicle, six weeks annual leave, and up to four return airfares per year (depending upon individual circumstances), club membership and medical cover.
Bulolo is a small self-contained company town with good facilities including a 9 hole golf course and Club house, International Primary School, retail store and bank, and is two hours drive to Lae.
PNGFP seeks applicants who are looking for a longer term commitment, therefore applicants with partners or families are encouraged to apply.
Apply Now if seeking an opportunity for advancement and an exciting challenge, please submit your application and CV to:→ Administration Manager, PNG Forest Products.
Applications close on 04 August 2017.