Lutsen Resort on Lake Superior has an immediate opening for a year-round Mechanic to work in our maintenance department. This is a part-time position, but candidates interested in full-time work can supplement their hours by performing general maintenance on the buildings and grounds of the resort.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- The mechanic is responsible for the maintenance of the resort's fleet of vehicles, golf carts, and lawn equipment.
- This position requires a solid background in automotive repair including brakes, suspensions, oil changes, exhaust systems, and mounting tires.
- Additionally, experience in another area, such as electrical; plumbing; welding; and/or carpentry is a plus.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and bend during the entire scheduled shift except for required breaks. Must have full use of hands and fingers to feel objects, tools, and/or controls. Requires normal sight & hearing.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Individual must be self-motivated, safety-conscious, and able to work independently with little supervision.
- Valid driver's license required.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Paid vacation
- Health care
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Long-term disability insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Accident insurance
All resort employees receive:
- Resort discounts
- Complimentary resort activities
- Free daily lunch
Email Daleri Brown, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or apply online at http://www.lutsenresort.com/careers/apply/