As a BIM Coordinator you will work with our Electrical Construction team by providing high quality, data-enriched models for new build construction projects as well as a variety of existing buildings. Candidate will possess the ability to work on electrical designs for commercial and retail projects. The ideal candidate will be able to work with the electrical construction team to deliver the designs and specifications of the client within the set timeframes and budget. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with knowledge of BIM related software and the electrical field.
A BIM Coordinator will:
- Review electrical wiring and lighting plans, schedules, one-line diagrams, and details for a variety of projects
- Audit and review models for each project and prepare for production team
- Prepare and revise drawings in AutoCAD and Revit with minimal supervision and make sure all drawings follow company standards
- Develop REVIT Electrical and Lighting models and associated contract drawings
- Must be able to read/interpret plans and drawings
- Maintain project drawing files, file layering, drawing library, and associated records and documentation
- Perform limited design functions including layout of equipment and spatial planning in the electrical model
- Maintain and update department standards (symbols, details, etc.)
- Communicate well with clients, external project team consultants, and other in-house staff to produce quality designs and drawings
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s Degree in related field OR relevant work experience
- Minimum of three years’ experience
- MUST be able to pass Drug and Background screen
- Must be proficient with 2D & 3D Design – Revit and AutoCAD
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven ability to design electrical systems and drafts
- Basic understanding of Electrical Systems and drafts
- Ability to multitask while staying organized
- Experienced communicating technical information with others
- Experience in lighting a plus!
- AutoCAD Glue
- Construction technology is a plus (Trimble, PlanGrid, ProCore)
- Stable employment with 35-year-old company (headquartered in Austin, Texas)
- 401K Program with matching
- Medical, Dental and Life insurance benefits
- Career advancement opportunities for outstanding performers!
FSG is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.