Superintendent, Shift (Maintenance)
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Is your proven success as a technical supervisor in a unionized environment backed by solid coaching skills and a commitment to safety and quality? Do you have post-secondary training in a technical program or a recognized professional designation in a technical discipline? Consider joining our sortation facility in this full-time role. We seek an enthusiastic Shift Superintendent, Maintenance to lead a team of technical specialists accountable for maintaining mail handling and processing equipment in optimal condition. As a Maintenance Shift Superintendent, you will help keep the mail moving at maximum efficiency by ensuring that your team completes all assigned work - both emergency and preventive maintenance and repairs on high-speed mail sorting machines, packet/parcel sorters, conveyors, forklifts and other equipment.
At Canada Post, we're on a journey to redefine our relevance in a world that's constantly changing. Our goal is a transformed company that maximizes growth opportunities and plays a meaningful role in the lives of all Canadians. We're looking for innovative people to help us get there.
As we invest in state-of-the art machinery and systems that are crucial to the success of our operations, we offer an exciting opportunity to use the latest technology and work for a world leader in the postal industry recognized as one of Canada's top employers and best corporate citizens. You will also enjoy a comprehensive total compensation package - including a competitive salary and incentive plan, comprehensive benefits and generous pension plans, ongoing training, and the chance to be part of a winning team.
The successful candidate will
• Coordinate implementation of all maintenance programs for mail processing and handling equipment so that the equipment meets set performance standards (KPI) and legislated requirements.
• Oversee the execution of corrective and breakdown maintenance activities to ensure they are carried out safely, correctly and efficiently in order to maximize equipment availability.
• Promote and maintain a safe working environment by providing appropriate training, documentation, personal protective equipment, tools and established procedures, ensuring that safety is at the forefront of all work practices and encouraging ideas and initiative among team members.
• Manage material-handling contracts with external contractors.
• Keep abreast of new technologies, and maintenance and management practices through job-related training.
• Through succession planning and training, ensure a continuous development of competent maintenance staff.
Job requirements (Education and Work experience)
• At least 3 years of experience in a supervisory role within an industrial unionized maintenance environment.
• A post-secondary diploma or certificate in a technical discipline or a recognized professional designation in a technical discipline.
• Excellent technical knowledge, commitment to safety and quality, and proven success in supervisory roles.
• Negotiation, communication, conflict resolution, relationship management, coaching and teamwork skills.
• Ability to ensure that your team completes assigned work.
• Experience working with a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) is an asset.
• An MMP (Maintenance Management Professional) designation would be an asset.
• Diverse experience in Electrical/Electronics field is an asset
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Notice to Applicants: In order for Canada Post Human Resources to invite applicants for interviews, please ensure Email Communication Consent preferences are set to allow emails. Consent may be found in the career profile. Applicants should check email junk/spam folders regularly as Canada Post communicates with applicants via email.
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values
Decision Making - A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability - An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation - A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution - A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People - A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
• Must be available to work evenings, nights and weekends
Canada Post offers
A total compensation package
• Competitive salary
• Annual incentive program
• Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
• Vacation and leave options
• Defined Contribution Component of the Canada Post Corporation Registered Pension Plan
Careers that deliver
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada's largest employers we're committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Are you interested in this job?