Company Apply Now
Scope of Position
CNC machinist’s primary responsibility is to program, set up, and run equipment to produce machined parts to the drawing and specifications provided by the customer and internal staff in accordance with WMM’s quality management system and production schedule. Secondary responsibilities shall be tasks that support a safe, clean, and well maintained plant environment focused on performance, productivity, and teamwork.
- Select cutting tools for machining programs given target costs, materials, part geometry, and process constraints along with calculating the appropriate cutting speeds, feeds, and depths of cut to meet tooling cost targets.
- Use sound practices to develop the toolpath strategies to generate part features / details that optimize tool life and ensure part dimensions are produced within tolerance.
- Interpret part drawings and specifications, including GD&T (geometric dimension and tolerance) callouts.
- Produce machining programs with the use of CAM software, MasterCAM and Part Maker. When manual or conversational programming is more efficient, program at the machine using the machine controller.
- Guide team members on how to set up machines and load / unload parts correctly.
- Troubleshoot production machining programs to identify root causes of part defects and implement changes to the process that improve quality overall, reduce cycle time, and maximize total throughput.
- Machine fixturing necessary to successfully machine production parts.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the plant processes and work with team members to implement improvements.
Mandatory Experience & Knowledge
- 3+ years of experience programming, setting up, and troubleshooting machining programs on CNC machine tools.
- Knowledge of milling operations, including G-code, cutting tools, machine tool operation, and toolpath strategies.
- Knowledge of lathe operations, including G-code, cutting tools, machine tool operation, and toolpath strategies.
- Ability to use math (geometry and trigonometry) to calculate missing dimensions and coordinates necessary for programming that are not included on drawings provided in job binders / packets.
- Ability to manage fixture projects including; planning of fixture design, CAD / CAM scheduling, material procurement while working with purchasing staff.
Mandatory Soft Skills
- MUST HAVE strong communication, interpersonal, and stress management skills that would allow the successful candidate to contribute in a team environment to accomplish the goals of the team and supporting the overall company goals.
- Strong ability to manage time, meaning prioritize tasks appropriately and execute them in the time allotted.
- Ability work hard and focus on producing results while working collaboratively with colleagues and at times independently based on the work requirements.
- Manage communications, messages, organization of data, and interpersonal interactions with colleagues, vendors, and customers well so clarity of facts is easily maintained and quickly recalled.
- Able to participate effectively in meetings that utilize people’s time efficiently.
- STRONG preference will be given to candidates with experience programming, setting up of, and troubleshooting of machining programs on Swiss lathes (ie. Citizen, Star).
- Experience machining tight tolerance parts, tooling, and or fixtures.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and or six sigma environments.
- Willingness to advance career in an organization looking to grow 20% per year.
We offer excellent compensation with benefits to include medical, dental, employer-funded 401(k) and much more! Please visit our website at www.wauseonmachine.com for information on our company. You may respond by faxing (419-337-0112), emailing your resume to the link provided or mail your resume to:
Attention: Crystal Morales
Wauseon Machine & Mfg., Inc.
995 Enterprise Ave. Wauseon, OH 43567