Long-Term Fundamentals Manager
• Develop long-term power and REC price curves for all the US and all regional markets in which Avangrid Renewables operates.
o Prepare semi-annual in-depth analysis, with quarterly refresh/updates.
o Develop comprehensive information on and insight into US renewable energy markets, including forecasts of demand and supply, policy drivers, and significant changes in infrastructure.
o Analyze US gas markets. Build forecasts into long-term power market forecasts in different US markets.
o Maintain forecast models and analyses of state and (aggregate) statutory/regulatory requirements for renewable energy such as RPS laws.
• Coordinate internal review and adoption of long term gas, power and REC curves for use in multiple business contexts.
• Coordinate integration of price curve updates into key business controls across Avangrid Renewables.
• Provide analytical support to various projects at the direction of senior managers.
• Address information requests on industry competitors and market developments, including specialized regional market assessments, or the assessment of the impact of specific technologies.
• Contribute to regular senior-management briefing materials, providing information on market conditions and trends, regulatory developments, and competitive conditions.
• Manage consultant relationships with providers of data and related services (e.g., Bloomberg, PIRA, WoodMackenzie).
• Address requests from IEH/Enstor related to gas fundamentals and storage development.
• 5+ years of experience working with US power market analysis, preferably including renewable markets
• Experience with production cost modelling and interpretation of model results. Experience with zonal production cost software such as AURORA xmp is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated understanding of one or more organized market designs and operations among CAISO, PJM, MISO, ERCOT, ISO-NE, or NYISO. Knowledge of FERC rules in this context is helpful.
• Familiarity with NERC regions and processes related to wholesale markets.
• Proficiency in use of standard database, spreadsheet and data analysis software.
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse clients and in a dynamic team environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law.