Chief Executive Officer
Company Apply Now
Fiji Ports Corporation Limited (FPCL) is the landlord and regulator Fiji's ports. FPCL is responsible for operating port facilities including inter-island operations, international fishing vessels, as well as local and international barge port facilities at the Suva, Lautoka, and Levuka ports. FPCL is seeking to employ a self driven, influential and dynamic Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead and manage the organisation.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will provide strategic and commercial leadership to the organisation and is mandated to ensure that the vision and strategic priorities of the FPCL are achieved. The CEO will also play a key role in shaping the organisational culture and will be accountable for building and strengthening partnerships with all relevant stakeholder groups.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Managing FPCL's financial, strategic and operational performance to ensure that business and operational risks are minimised.
- Engaging the Board to drive strategic direction, vision and growth.
- Positioning FPCL financially and strategically to respond to market and industry requirements.
- Ensuring a high level of prudential rigour, risk management and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring strong governance standards are maintained, driving continuous improvement initiatives and promoting marine/environmental safety.
- Leading and developing a team of management staff.
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with at least eight year's proven experience in a senior management role.
- Masters degree in business management, economics or a related field would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience working within a regulatory environment and ports operations would be highly regarded.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive change and achieve excellent business performance.
- Excellent communication and internal and external stakeholder management skills.
- Proven financial acumen, business management and strategic planning skills.
Apply Now to submit your application together with detailed curriculum vitae, three referees with email and telephone contact
Deadline for applications: 4pm, Friday 1 September 2017.