Analyst, Logistics Engineering Network Design
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
If you have the ambition, talent and drive, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Industrial Engineer to support value stream improvements, operational performance (cost, quality, time) and resource optimization (equipment, people, money). The Logistics Analyst, Engineering Network Design applies professional and technical expertise in the delivery of Network improvement projects, operational performance (cost, time) and resource optimization (equipment, people and cost) initiatives. Leads or partners in the analysis, development and deployment of National, Regional and Local network projects and/or is accountable for specified deliverables in national and cross-functional projects. Ensures the correct application of engineering principles, continuous improvement projects, and that solutions are designed in accordance with Network Design objectives.
The successful candidate will
• Provides business and problem analysis to improve operational performance of National Network and shared business processes on assigned projects. Demonstrates expertise, innovative thinking and initiative in problem solving; develops recommendations based on analysis and defends these to Operations.
• Supports and/or leads project analysis within the region or at the National level. Provides expertise for network projects and supports deployment of the projects within the region. Integrates Change Management into all project plans, ensuring that all stakeholder needs are identified, that proper communication occurs. Defends analysis completed with formal & informal presentations to the Director, Network Design.
• Applies the principles of Process Optimization as the foundation of the Network Design Process, in problem solving and continuous improvement activities and documents solutions in accordance with these principles.
• Supports Network optimization initiatives and develops advanced analytics solutions, conducting operations research where necessary, for all Network processes; oversees the collection of data required for the project and conducts studies or analyses using this data.
• Uses proven financial evaluation methods and data-based analyses to properly evaluate project feasibility, risks and benefits; participates in cost reduction efforts by analyzing proposals to determine viability, end-to-end impact and return on investment.
• Develops computer models for process simulation, project analysis, project monitoring/control, data accumulation/analysis and ad hoc reports. Develops computer applications and analytical tools for the evaluation of National Network, new processes and facility designs/locations.
• Ensures open and transparent communication on projects that are approved for implementation. Supports the Network team in meetings with various stakeholders, provide remote and on-site support to ensure successful implementation, conduct monitoring and analysis during transition and document lessons learned.
• Prepares logistic strategies or conceptual designs for transportation, capacity utilization, and processing strategies to achieve maximal efficiency in our supply chain. Provides logistical facility or capacity planning analysis for network flows or transportation functions. Applies logistics modeling techniques and discrete optimization to address operational process opportunities and/or process improvement designs.
Job requirements (Education and Work experience)
• Bachelor of Engineering in Industrial, Manufacturing or Management, from an accredited university
• Bachelor of Engineering in other disciplines may be considered based on proven work experience in process design and improvement in a light manufacturing or supply chain environment.
• 2 years' related experience in complex manufacturing, supply chain or service environments.
• 1 year experience planning and leading process improvement projects.
• Above average skills with common computer applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Minitab, AutoCad)
• 1 to 2 years' experience analyzing data, preparing cost/benefit analyses, evaluating system proposals, and testing designs.
• Ability to communicate ideas, comfort in leading business presentations with executives and generating consensus with stakeholders on key decisions
• Capable of managing multiple demands on time and competing resources, yet still delivering projects on plan.
• Track record of contribution, work performance and academic success.
• Eligibility for Professional Engineering Registration (P. Eng)
• Green or Black Belt certification in LEAN Six Sigma
• A second degree in a business related discipline
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Notice to Applicants: In order for Canada Post Human Resources to invite applicants for interviews, please ensure Email Communication Consent preferences are set to allow emails. Consent may be found in the career profile. Applicants should check email junk/spam folders regularly as Canada Post communicates with applicants via email.
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values
Decision Making - A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability - An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation - A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution - A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People - A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
• Moderate travel is required
• Flexible working hours
• Currently staffing 1 permanent position
• Current employees who reside outside the geographic area of competition are invited to apply provided that no relocation is required OR the employee is willing to pay for their own relocation
• An eligibility list will be established following the competition for a twelve (12) month period.
Canada Post offers
• Competitive pay
• Potential for permanent opportunities
A strong community of employees
• Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers' changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
• You'll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada's largest employers we're committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Are you interested in this job?