Full -Time Cook
Company Apply Now
YMCA Employment Services
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Hospitality and Tourism, Food Service Industry
Position: Full -Time Cook 2
Wage: $13.98/hr. as per collective agreement
Unit: Columbia International College/ Hamilton/ ON
Shifts: As scheduled 30+hrs per week
- Possesses very good food and international cuisine knowledge
- Experience in volume cooking.
- Good knife skills and a keen eye for details.
- 2 or more years’ experience in the field. Degree in culinary arts is an asset.
- Food service handler certification and knowledge of HACCP standards is an asset.
- Leadership and planning skills
- Enjoys working in a multicultural environment.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Good safety record.
- Good punctuality and attendance record
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Prepares and cooks food following the menu and cooking methods as prescribed by the recipes provided.
- Performs proper maintenance and cleaning of the equipment used.
- Able to work systematically as a team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to lift 30-40 lbs. (case of fruit, bag of rice, 20L milk bags, 20L juice containers)