Become a Wfac CSE School Facilitator
Company Apply Now
Established in 2009, Women for a Change, Cameroon (Wfac) is a feminist advocacy and awareness-raising organization working with and for women and girls sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), leadership and development.
ABOUT WFAC CSE PROGRAM
The Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE )School program was established as part of Wfac’s weekly outreach and educational training and awareness raising program in schools, with the aim of providing young people, adolescents, women and girls with the right knowledge, education, skills, and efficacy to make informed decisions about their sexuality and lifestyle.
September 2018 - June 2019
WHY DOUALA & YAOUNDE?
These two regions of Cameroon are particularly known for their cosmopolitan nature. Like most huge cities, young people, women and girls when not empowered with the skills and education to make informed decisions about their lifestyle, as well as protect their wellbeing, health, and dignity, risk the chances of becoming victims of exploitations (especially sexual exploitation) and many other forms of gender-based abuses and violence. Ensuring and delivering quality CSE programs in college is therefore essential towards promoting a healthy society, and advancing a sustainable and fair economy.
If you care about gender parity and have always wanted to be part of a professional space where everyone is passionate about feminisms, women’s rights and sexual and reproductive health and rights, this is the right place for you.
The position of a CSE School Facilitator is part-time, fun, and flexible. It offers you the opportunity to learn hands-on around facilitating meetings and seminars, organizing and designing strategic educational training and workshops with adolescents in schools.
April 30, 2017 at 11A.M
WHO CAN APPLY?
Anyone with the passion for impacting lives and the discipline for delivering results. CSE School Facilitators can be a teacher, student, graduate etc. The CSE School Facilitator represents a broad diversity and socio-cultural backgrounds and is at least 18 years old. And CSE school facilitator must be;
• Available to dedicate 1-3 hours per week (any day) to the CSE outreach program
• Attend group calls on average once a month
• Report weekly on the progress of the CSE program in schools
• Mobilise and organize seminar sessions/training to at least 100 college students per school
A facilitator will work closely with a staff from Wfac to effectively organize and conduct the weekly CSE seminars in a school that will be assigned to them. A facilitator will be provided with a seminar module, training materials and other relevant documentations needed to ensure the smooth flow of their training / seminar facilitation in the college. At the end of each seminar, a facilitator is expected to send reports in writing with photos attached and other relevant documentations.
Besides benefiting from the one-on-one coaching and mentoring support received from Women for a Change, Cameroon, CSE school facilitator will have a range of exciting benefits and opportunities. These include but not limited to:
- Building their skills and capacities in facilitating seminar/workshops sessions ,
- Working with a diverse group of college students across the country,
- Meeting and exchanging unique perspectives with young people
- Having the opportunity to build their capacity and skills around public speaking, advocacy and social activism
- Expanding and building [new] social networking relationships with youth leaders and other young people
- Improving on their leadership skills and development particularly in the area of SRHR peer education
- Maybe recruited as a full time staff upon performance satisfactory
- A monthly Honorarium to cover local transportation cost;
- Benefit from flexible working hour…etc
NB: A certificate of Service to be issued at the end of the service, following effective performance.
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email with a Cover Letter and a recent CV/Resume. Only completed applications will be considered
- A Cover letter (maximum 2 page)
- A recent curriculum vita (maximum 2 page) + 2 referral contact address
Writing style: Font type: Times New Roman. Font Size: 12. Spacing:1.5.
E.g.: candidate named Mafo Neh would have her files as:
Application deadline: April 30th, 2018
Note: All applicants must be within the Bonaberi for Douala and Yaounde. Any incomplete application OR not being able to respect the application guidelines will result in disqualification. Only successful candidates will be contacted for training
- Application deadline: April 30, 2018
- Successful Candidates contacted: June 30, 2018
- Training of CSE School Facilitator: August 10 - 15, 2018