Early Years Chef - Bird In Bush Nursery
Company Apply Now
Are you passionate about food, with the drive and determination needed to organise a kitchen and plan nutritional menus? If so, we would love to hear from you.
The London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) are one of the capital's leading providers of high quality pre-school childcare. In line with our commitment to ensuring that our children receive a healthy and nutritious diet we are looking to recruit 1 new nursery chef based in our Bird in Bush Nursery located on Old Kent Road, South East London.
Your role will include:
- Providing nutritionally balanced meals and snacks to the children within the nursery throughout the day.
- An excellent understanding of food intolerances, allergies and dietary requirements.
- Responsibility for the cleanliness of all kitchen equipment, the kitchen and food storage areas.
- Adhere to all health and safety policies and legislation.
What you need to have to be considered for this position:
- You must hold a full and relevant chef qualification
- Have previous experience of working in a Kitchen.
- Holding a Basic Food Hygiene certificate.
- Being passionate about preparing fresh, balanced, nutritious meals for the babies and children in the nursery.
- Able to communicate effectively with all nurseries (customers) to ensure correct delivery of meals and snacks the meet the specific needs of children.
- Good hygiene practice is essential.
- Allergy Awareness qualification is essential.
So, what benefits can LEYF offer you ?
As a permanent member, you will be entitled to:
- 50% discount on childcare costs at one of our 37 London Nurseries.
- 7% employer contribution pension.
- 23 days’ annual leave plus an additional 3 days over Christmas.
- 4 training days per year with our award winning staff and development programme.
We also offer additional discounts with GLL gym memberships and EE contracts.
(Please note that salary scale is dependent on your level of qualification)
Interested? Click Apply!