Dorman Products is looking for a Training Supervisor responsible for defining and overseeing the new hire training program including, curriculum design, and development of the training team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Creates a vision for the future of new hire training and successfully moves the site in that direction.
- Aligns and standardizes training across the site.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of the training program.
- Manages training department personnel responsible for maintenance of training system.
- Selects appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual training, group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role play, and computer-based training.
- Performs hands-on and classroom (instructor-led) training, focusing on individual target groups.
- Communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form.
- Write and edit text to produce messages that are clear, concise, and grammatically correct.
- Deliver presentations that effectively engage and communicate.
- Assess training results and re-trains when necessary.
- Plans and manages annual training budget.
- Conducts training System assessment and develops gap analysis and long-range plan.
- Designs instruction that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups.
- Evaluate and assess instruction and its impact.
- Ensures training records and databases are maintained properly. Maintains records and prepares statistical reports to evaluate performance of instructors and monitor progress of trainees.
- Compiles data and analyzes past and current year training requirements to prepare budgets and justify funds requested.
- Drafts applications and proposals to submit to fund granting authorities such as government and foundations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in training or education
- Knowledge of instructional design and curriculum development
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong project management, team building, and problem solving skills
- Strong people management, coaching and development skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail; highly organized
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, previous experience working with an LMS