Strategic Sourcing Managers in San Jose, CA
Google Express is an energetic and growing team, core to Google’s strategy in Commerce. The Google Express Supply Chain team is responsible for supplying merchant stores with labor, equipment, and supplies necessary to fulfill and pack orders to Google Express customers. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for managing supplier relationships critical to the success of the team.
At Google, we take a different approach to procurement or strategic sourcing than most other organizations. We’re a fast moving, innovative company and our engineers are always looking for ways to change the world. The Supplier Sourcing Program Manager’s job is to help them find, select and get great deals with suppliers to enable them to develop and scale products — fast. We work across a wide range of spend categories, from packaging to electronic equipment. We’re looking for people with strong influencing and customer service skills who are comfortable navigating ambiguity, collaborating with multiple teams and building strong relationships with stakeholders. We believe competition is the best way to negotiate the best deal with suppliers and we use data to ensure we make robust decisions to get things done for Google.
Emai your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Timeframe: April - November
● Quickly get smart about Google Express key purchasing requirements, including how our sourcing strategy aligns with broader business strategies. Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders globally, to understand their current and future requirements.
● Collaborate with the GX Supply Chain team to understand requirements regarding supplier management and new product introduction
● Manage existing supplier performance
● Launch and manage a RFI for large scale project slated for late 2018
● Pro-actively conduct market analysis / benchmarking, track market trends and emerging technologies
● Collaborate with other Supplier Sourcing Team members across the world to ensure we learn from each others experiences and provide a consistent service to stakeholders globally.
● BA/BS degree, MBA/Masters preferred
● 5+ years relevant work experience.
● Relevant work experience in procurement/supplier management/sourcing
● Demonstrated skills in rigorous, fact-based analyses that drive creative problem solving, proposal preparation, and negotiation.
● Strong leadership qualities including effective interpersonal, team building and project/program management skills.
● Persuasive written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong multi-tasking and organizational capabilities, with a high level of attention to detail.
● Team player with a positive attitude who can work with international teams
● Strong influencing skills and change management experience with the ability to successfully manage complexity and multiple priorities.