As a Procurement Specialist for Dorman Products you will provide procurement support to the Cross Functional Teams and Procurement Department to ensure optimal sourcing decisions and strategies are implemented with oversight. Must be able to perform and respond in an extremely fast paced, flexible, team-oriented, and collaborative environment.
- Deliver on cost reduction commitments and execute strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Evaluate and recommend suppliers to support both new product development and cost savings initiatives.
- Identify and negotiate with suppliers to provide the best pricing, serviceability and quality leveraging tools such as commodity trends and market conditions.
- Develop and manage suppliers to monitor and achieve Corporate Goals which include Fill Rate, Inventory reductions, Cost savings & Sales.
- Ensure successful execution of sourcing strategies and tactics
- Develop and manage strategic initiatives that monitor and improve Supplier performance by executing corrective action and continuous improvement plans.
- Support execution of a Supplier Relationship Management program to manage all interactions with suppliers and ensures alignment with company and product strategies.
- Facilitate clear and timely written or verbal communication, advising management of critical issues and provide some suggested solutions for assigned categories and/or projects.
- Participate as a cross functional team member, actively working toward successful implementation and completion of team goals and objectives.
- Maintain and update reports of progress and provide an analysis of projects as required by the Procurement and/or Cross Functional Team.
- Required to maintain system data through Team and functional processes.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with concentration in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial)
- Management (Supply Chain, Operations)
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, resourceful, and work well within a team environment. Ability to initiate, communicate and action to resolve issues both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage and analyze large volumes of data.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite – Advanced Excel Skills preferred.
- Proficiency within ERP/MRP environments.
- Ability to integrate with the cultural environment of the global supply base and Dorman international Offices.
- Ability to network within a cross functional environment.
- Must adhere to and maintain ethical business standards and make unbiased business decisions.
- Experience with manufacturing processes
- Business Objects
- Automotive/Electronics Background