Freight Compliance Manager
Company Apply Now
Summary: To manage the overall freight function of FDC, inbound, outbound and accounting for the cost of freight across the businesses.
Essential Responsibilities: Working in tandem with the Director of Procurement manage freight procurement and costs of outbound lanes to service customers. Develop processes and procedures to assure uniform accounting for cost of freight and compliance to company guidelines on recovering cost of freight on prepaid & add shipments – for both existing business and new bids. Work with all 17 of FDC facilities to identify milk-run opportunities across plants, business units, customer locations and incoming suppliers.
Drive the optimization of freight cost through compliance to preferred carriers and reducing the number of shipments / frequency by combining shipments, thus minimizing demand. Implement an operating rhythm to assure compliance maintaining momentum and effectiveness of the network.
Delivers cost savings, operational efficiencies, and/or added value by leading cross functional stakeholders through fact/evidence-based, data-driven initiatives with strong market and competitive analysis, to secure the best quality, service, and cost to meet FDC’s business needs. Leads the development of freight strategy, aligning key business stakeholder needs, identifying supply alternatives and recommending the sourcing approach while establishing the project plan/timeline to deliver an effective solution. Must be comfortable with operating in a continuous improvement atmosphere and achieving year over year results.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required in Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics, or Business Management
- Advanced degree preferred (MBA, Masters in Supply Chain or Logistics)
- Minimum of (7) seven years of progressive, logistics and network optimization experience, including extensive experience developing and executing strategic plans with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- 3-5 years of experience in managing teams who use these advanced analytical/statistical techniques
- Data driven, comfortable leading / performing opportunity assessment through financial and statistical calculations and modeling
- Must possess excellent influencing skills as well as strong interpersonal communication skills for building relationships with internal stakeholders and supplier executives at all levels
- Must be a skilled negotiator with a proven ability to move projects forward through to implementation and must be skilled at presenting in a live environment and achieving agreement with others, with a demonstrated ability to maintain grace under pressure in difficult situations
- Must possess a solid understanding of logistics fundamentals and a demonstrated track record of facilitating and executing successful freight initiatives;
- Strong analytics skills; deep use of Excel and Access. Financial modeling: PV, TCO and NPV
- Previous experience in Visio, SQL Server would be an added advantage
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethic
- Ability to understand the impact of accurate data
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Up to 50% travel, as necessary, domestic and international (passport required)