Company Apply Now
Wauseon Machine & Manufacturing, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Fanuc robotics systems integrators and has an immediate opening for an exciting and challenging career growth opportunity for a Cost Estimator working out of our Automation & Robotics Division located in Miamisburg, OH.
We are seeking a candidate who has prior mid-level automation estimating experience or an entry level person that would like to develop a career in this field. We will train. This person will report to our Lead Proposal Engineer.
- Obtain cost estimates from component suppliers and vendors. This includes any 3rd party equipment that may be integrated into a custom automation system as well as any required mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical components.
- Support Proposal Engineer’s working out of both our Miamisburg and Wauseon Offices in development of Proposal solutions and cost estimates.
- Utilize existing cost database to populate cost sheets with labor and material cost data for custom automation and machinery projects.
- Draft proposal descriptions that outline quoted scope of work, terms, conditions and any deviations from customer specifications.
- Work under the direction of a Lead Proposal Engineer to maintain and further develop our standard component and labor cost database.
- Ability to Review and understand current machine prints to formulate solutions
- Excellent customer communication and teamwork skills in working with Sales Engineers and Account Manager on proposals.
Skills & Qualifications
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline is a plus
- Prior experience with PLC & HMI programming, Fanuc robot programming, safety circuits, vision systems, lasers, conveyor systems, assembly systems, fluid power, and robot systems integration is highly desirable.
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding of industrial equipment and machinery.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% to meet with customers to understand scope of projects
- We are undergoing moderate growth. Core work hours will be 45 hours per week.
Wauseon Machine & Manufacturing is a diversified and growing custom automation and robotic systems integrator with a 34-year track record of success with offices located in Wauseon, OH and Miamisburg, OH. We offer excellent compensation, tremendous opportunity for advancement, in a fast paced work environment. Salary is commensurate with experience, knowledge, and ability. Please visit www.wauseonmachne.com for more information. You may respond by faxing your resume to (419) 337-0112 or emailing it to the link provided.