Senior Category Manager
The primary focus will be to manage a team of Category Managers focused on growing revenue based upon analysis of product movement, new product placement, gap analysis and customer opportunities. The strategy includes exceptional demand management practices, and complete business process accountability.
- Manage and analyze categories and product movement throughout all customer bases and recommend actions with estimated impact to existing revenues
- Manage and analyze underperforming SKUs and identify sales opportunities for such SKUs and recommend actions with estimated impact to existing revenues
- Manage and analyze customer products to determine new opportunities to maximize category sales into wider distribution and deeper into the market and recommend actions with estimated impact to existing revenues
- Interact with Rep agencies, as needed
- Coordinate with Sales Directors, Account Mangers and Product teams the data to use during line reviews, GAP analysis and New Product distribution expansion.
- Perform analysis to develop the NBP and participate in the selling process to new or current customers
- Develop and manage the forecast for NBP < li> Prepare spreadsheet analysis and metrics for all steps in the supply chain process
- Rationalize inventory by product line and understand impact of turns and GMROI
- Develop and manage key indicator reports
- Work cross functionally with diverse range of internal and external customers
- Meet with customers, including senior management, to discuss rollouts and continuous improvement processes and support customer initiatives as required
- Working knowledge of a P&L with ability to impact
- Required to travel at least 15% (auto & air), including overnight
- Experience with product groups in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment preferred
- Experience with Fast Moving Product Goods (FMPG) preferred
- Experience with POS analysis and inventory rationalization
- Experience with key customers
- Strong track record of demonstrated independent decisions that impact costs, sales rates and inventory levels with both internal and external customers
- Working knowledge of forecasting (development and management)
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office software. Mainframe system, SQL, Excel & Access competency required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills (Financial, Process and Inventory) and problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university with a specialty in Business preferred; or a minimum of 4 years experience in sales, operations, or supply chain profession with similar duties; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA a plus
Physical Requirements: Capability to lift 50 pounds. Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach, swivel, carry items from one building to another, and speak and actively listen. Noise level is usually moderate.