QA Automation Engineer
Company Apply Now
nexttech. thinking ahead
Cluj-Napoca/Nürnberg (business trips), Cluj, Romania
Banking and Finance, Engineering, Information Technology, Software and Programming
- The QA Automation Engineer will be involved in the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment;
- Will conduct automated tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose. Software testing involves the analysis of software, and systems, to avert risk and prevent software issues.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject;
- Equivalent combination of experience, education and training will be considered;
- ITSQB Certificate.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes;
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting;
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest testing developments.
- 2 years’ experience on a similar position;
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing, automated testing tools, functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, mobile testing, big data testing, cross platform testing, component testing, security testing, performance testing, UI/UX testing, A/B testing;
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process;
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities;
- A good understanding of the software development process;
- A good understanding of the business approach;
- Good judgment skills;
- Good writing skills (for documenting the process);
- The ability to work in a team and as an individual;
- Good presentation skills;
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Design independent test cases for each newly developed web application;
- Design and execute test plans on computer applications;
- Record and document results and compare to expected results;
- Detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected;
- Generate historical analysis of test results;
- Document anomalies and issues;
- Maintain database of software defects;
- Verify specific action or function of code;
- Provide feedback to developers about automated testing strategies, design fixes, and patches;
- Provide application instructions for users;
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications;
- Create meaningful error handling procedures for application code;
- Ensure compliance with general programming best practices, accepted web standards and those standards set forth by upstream sources;
- Perform application security audits;
- Implement application designs, create queries, scripts, web pages and other deliverables;
- Participate in application planning meetings;
- Ensure data integrity standards;
- Perform reviews, walkthroughs, or inspections;
- Manage and train apprentices, junior testers, and new developers.
If you think this it’s the job for you, please send us your resume at [email protected] and let’s have a talk!