Electric Power Generation Technician
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia and southern West Virginia, is seeking an Electric Power Generation Technician on 1st shift at our Chesapeake, Virginia facility. This position is responsible for performing inspection, preventative maintenance, and service repair work on electric power generation and associated components. Duties include performing PM's, troubleshooting, and repairs of engine and electrical related systems. Inspections, PM's, and Repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls. Seeking candidates with relevant Electrical Power Generation (EPG)/electronics experience; a technical degree or military equipment experience is a plus.
• Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
• Requires working knowledge of power generation components, electronic controls and fuel systems. Experience with diesel and natural gas engines.
• Able to read technical drawings and schematics.
• Must have an excellent driving record and valid driver's license.
• Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
• Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to project a positive professional image with customers.
• Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including paid vacation, health, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as retirement plan with 401(k) match.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.