Company Apply Now
- Scrum Master will be responsible for supporting multiple Scrum Teams in the role. The IT Scrum Master will leverage the framework to guide and support teams toward successful outcomes in project delivery, velocity and quality, and will help create a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform the role of Scrum Master for two or more Scrum teams
- Organize and drive the structured rhythm of activities throughout the Sprints, including Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives
- Lead a culture of continuous improvement through Sprint Retrospectives and by encouraging experimentation and innovation in processes
- Assist Product Owners with backlog grooming, prioritization, and planning
- Work to maximize team productivity and remove any impediments that obstruct the Sprint goals
- Identify and track internal and external dependencies
- Ensure that appropriate Scrum artifacts are accurate and visible, including core progress tracking through Burndown and Velocity charts
- Monitor for and guide individuals to adhere to defined processes and structured activities such as the Daily Stand-up Meeting to optimize the effectiveness of the team
- Engage with Agile Project Managers to evaluate, mitigate, and communicate risk for the teams
- Analyze processes and outcomes to identify problems, and focus the teams on continuous improvement
- Support Scrum Team members with the usage developing tools, e.g. Jira , Kanban
- Be an advocate for Lean/Agile adoption and promote a collaborative environment and culture
- Maintain an active role in the Scrum Master Community of Practice
- Strong background in software developing languages
- 2 years’ experience as Scrum Master in Software Developing Projects
- Understand fundamentals of iterative development
- Understand other processes and methodologies Understand fundamentals of software development processes and procedures
- Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Understand backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Knowledge of other agile approaches and practices: XP, Kanban, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration and Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Scrum Master Certification is a Plus
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent.
About Softtek: Founded in 1982, Softtek is a global provider of process-driven IT solutions with 30 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. With 15 Global Delivery Centers in the U.S., Mexico, China, Brazil, Argentina, Costa Rica, Spain, Hungary and India, Softtek helps improve and produce predictable outcomes for top-tier corporations in over 20 countries. Softtek is the creator and a leader of the nearshore industry. For more information on what we do, who we are, and career opportunities, visit www.softtek.com / Follow us @Softtek on Twitter, and be our fan on Facebook www.facebook.com/softtek