Accounting Manager - Downtown Denver
Company Apply Now
This position supervises part of the accounting team and is responsible for activities related to the recording and analyzing of financial transactions in support of the monthly close process and accuracy of the financial statements. Performs work in compliance with applicable policies and procedures, generally-accepted accounting principles, and Sarbanes-Oxley control environment.
- Responsible for supporting P&L results, including revenue accounting, product gross margin results, inventory review and analysis, and operating expenses.
- Responsible to review and analyze results relative to budget, trends, forecast, and prior year - and - assist business partners in operations and/or corporate with identifying and understanding key elements contributing to variances in these areas.
- Responsible for preparing and/or reviewing reconciliations for significant balance sheet accounts such as Accounts Receivable and Inventory and uses fact patterns and trends to support the analysis and setting of reserves for contractual allowances and bad debt.
- Calculates various expense accrual and reserve calculations. Maintains the models, prepares and/or reviews journal entries, and provides analysis on recommendations.
- Performs ad hoc reporting and variance analysis to trend and budget/forecast providing explanations and interpretation.
- Participates in merger and acquisition integration work.
- May prepare quarterly schedules for SEC reporting.
- Prepares and/or reviews work papers and responses in support of external and internal audits.
- Performs work in a self-directed manner and works with less structured, more complex issues.
- Serves as a resource to other accounting staff, internal business partners, budget owners, and various internal and external audit partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- CPA preferred.
- Advanced degree and/or certification desired.
- Minimum five years of general ledger accounting experience, including supervisory experience in a business unit or corporate accounting role that is related to responsibilities of this position.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with multi-company, multi-location environment required.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry preferredPractical experience using a large accounting system such as Lawson, Oracle, SAP, etc.