Seeking Cook for Brownsville, TX
Cook - (brn-cook-5.18)
The Cook is responsible for assisting in the preparation and/or serving of food. Help maintain food service area, facilities and equipment in a clean and sanitary condition, and to perform related work as required.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which CHS is recognized.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform and/or provide direction and support for the following services:
- Washes dishes and kitchen equipment.
- Assists in maintaining proper care of equipment and sanitation of the kitchen.
- Must be a team player.
- Basic knowledge of methods and materials used in the presentation, serving and transporting of food.
- Prepares food using such methods as washing, cutting, assembling and wrapping foods or ingredients.
- Basic food serving utensils and equipment.
- Sanitation and safety procedures related to the preparation and serving of food.
- Comprehend and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with employees, customers, and vendors in the course of work.
- Serving customers in a polite, friendly helpful manner.
- Cleaning tables for the next customer.
Must have at least 1+ years’ experience working as a cook (preparation, serving, transport)
Complete and maintain food handling certification.
Minimum age of 21 years or older
High school diploma or its equivalent
Bilingual in Spanish & English (Read, Write, Speak)
Clean criminal background check
Assists in the performance of custodial duties as needed.
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Assists with transporting lunches as needed.
Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy.
Participates in and supports safety meetings, training and goals.
Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility.
Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
Ability to ascend/descend stairs
Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Able to communicate verbally and listen for constant surveillance of children’s activities
Ability to stand; particularly for sustained periods of time
Able to receive and understand detailed information through oral communication
Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with weather (rain, lightning, and winds)
Able to withstand and manipulate through construction areas, sports fields, etc.
Please apply online