Company Apply Now
Are you a data rock star? Do you want to work with the world's best data analytics platform founded by Turing Award winner Dr. Michael Stonebraker with customers such as Uber, AT&T, Cerner, Dreamworks, and Intuit?
Join our sales engineering team responsible for breaking down the technical barriers for adopting the Vertica platform and focused on being the trusted advisor to our customers.
- You are a self-starter and a go-getter.
- You love solving challenging data, analytics, or machine learning problems in an extremely demanding customer facing position.
- You will partner with a world-class sales and engineering team and make an immediate impact.
- You will be a hands-on customer facing technologist and not just be slinging slideware.
- Communicate and demonstrate the Vertica story, vision, and technology to prospects and customers
- Work hands-on with prospects and customers to show business value throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to solution architecture to customer success
- Continuously learn quickly evolving technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), Machine Learning
- Become the voice of our customers internally to drive product enhancements and roadmap
- Bachelor's degree in a technical area or equivalent practical experience
- Proven extensive experience to develop strong relationships with key decision makers & influencers within elite organizations
- Expert in Open Source, Data Warehousing, Big Data or BI / Analytics
- DBA (SQL server & Oracle) experience is a plus
- Strong SQL programming skills a plus
- Strong knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem (hands-on experience is a plus)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to present to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a white-board or using presentations and demos
- Highly effective listening and critical thinking skills
- Hands-on, complex problem solver
- Have the technical chops and innate curiosity to learn new technologies quickly in the dynamic big data and analytics space