Mechanic/Technician - Electrical Power Generation (Field), Dodge City, KS
Responsible for providing high quality repairs on generator systems with a focus on the mechanical and electrical aspects of engine/generator package.
- Perform load bank, engine alignment, and start-up of single unit power generation
- Proficiently and accurately diagnose and troubleshoot problems on gas or diesel engines, give recommendations for repairs and make all critical engine repairs and adjustments
- Apply specific failure analysis and procedures in determining proper diagnosis
- Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and emission adjustments
- Perform engine and component rebuild
- Perform all levels of repair and preventive maintenance on engines.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers on their repairs
- Must be willing to work overtime as required by fluctuating workloads, available for after-hours calls as needed
General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, diagnostic software, and cranes and rigging equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school desirable.
- Experience with Electric Power Generation and Petroleum Engine Repair, CAT experience a plus.
EOE–Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity