Mechanic/Technician - Field, Scott City, KS
Responsible for providing high quality rebuilds and repairs while in the field in order to respond to customer needs in a positive and timely manner and to ensure maximum value for work performed.
- Perform all levels of repair and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, give recommendations for repairs and make all critical machine and engine repairs and adjustments.
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, and test and adjust assemblies with minimal supervision.
- Test and verify correct operation of all repairs and adjustments
- Make critical adjustments as required to various parts, components and systems.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers on their repairs
- Must be willing to work overtime as required by fluctuating workloads, available for after-hours calls as needed .
- Complete all necessary documentation and follow up as required in a timely, orderly manner.
- Create a work environment that is considerate of the customer’s needs.
Must be able to read and comprehend specifications, service and parts literature, technical bulletins and other related publications. Must be able to communicate thoughts and ideas in both verbal and written form. Proficient computer skills and the ability to learn to effectively use company software – with training. Positive customer service. Basic mechanical knowledge including electrical and hydraulics. General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, diagnostic software, cranes and rigging equipment. Knowledge of use of various heavy equipment including, Caterpillar. Ability to read prints.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school ideal.
- CDL required.
EOE–Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity