Rental Coordinator I, Kansas City
LOCATION: Kansas City
Assist customers, in person and by phone, with rental and supply sale needs.
All essential functions, duties, and other responsibilities will be performed following safety guidelines/practices and be in support of the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Principles Statements and will include the following:
This position may involve knowledge of confidential information. Such information will be handled with the utmost discretion.
- Rent equipment or arrange for provision of service to customer.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly checks.
- Prepare rental forms and contracts; obtain customer signature and other information as required.
- Maintain daily and monthly contract file.
- Compute charges based on rental or service rate.
- Explain rental fees and provide information about rented items, such as operation or description.
- Collect deposit or payment or record credit charges by maintaining customer charge file daily and balancing daily sales receipts.
- Answer telephone and receive orders by phone; maintain required phone logs.
- Recommend items to customers that meet their needs. Discuss customer needs, suggesting and recommending the most suitable and safe equipment for the application.
- Promote add-on sales and sell merchandise items from the rental store.
- Act as a resource of information to customers concerning related equipment and services available in the local market area.
- Ask questions about delivery conditions such as dock heights, narrow streets, etc.; notify customers immediately if there are any delivery delays.
- Achieve rental operational goals including: CRM, invoice accuracy, assigned training Benchmarks – CRM Goals, Invoice accuracy, complete assigned training.
- Reserve items for requested time and maintain rental reservation list.
- Update/call overdue list daily and alert supervisor of overdue contracts.
- Clean showroom and equipment. Arrange showroom displays. Keep shelves organized, stocked and clean. May also clean customer restrooms.
- Inventory retail sales merchandise and advise supervisor of low levels of merchandise.
- Resolve customer problems and invoicing problems.
- Keep current on knowledge of competitive pricing and trends.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations, as well as store security and report safety violations to supervisor.
- Fill customer’s propane cylinders, as needed, and load/unload propane tanks to customer’s vehicles.
- Attend department, store and safety meetings.
- Comfortable using computers and have command of Microsoft software as needed. - Ability to use in-house computer systems – with training. - Ability to maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and customers. - Positive customer service. - Must understand and be able to effectively communicate equipment applications and key performance specifications. - Strong creativity and problem-solving skills. - Strong understanding of rental equipment. - Understand usage and application of all rental equipment and services offered. - Thorough knowledge of “common” equipment failure problems and how to resolve them. - Must recognize the difference between similar products and the advantages/disadvantages of particular applications. - Must have working knowledge of construction phases to properly advise on applications. - Must be able to process cards and credit card payments, as well as make change and credits. - Must possess sales and customer relation skills. - Strong oral and written communication skills are essential to the success of this position. - Able to communicate well both verbally and written. - Ability to demonstrate learning and teaching new skills and knowledge. - A strong knowledge and understanding of the terminology related to the products and services that the rental store sells. - Strong knowledge of the rental industry. - Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, is required.
- Some sales experience is preferred.
- Basic computer skills are needed with all Microsoft Office software used by the company, and all pertinent company-related computer systems and functions.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Experience in the construction field is preferred.
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity