Parts Manager - St. Joseph, MO
Direct responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the Parts Department and its employees. Responsible for the growth of Parts personnel, department’s operational performance, profits, expenses and cost of operation.
All essential functions, duties, and other responsibilities will be performed following safety guidelines/practices and be in support of the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Principles Statements and will include the following:
This position may involve knowledge of confidential information. Such information will be handled with the utmost discretion.
- Support the job functions of Parts Sales Reps and Parts Distribution.
- Train employees in company policies, department procedures, job duties, operational safety, and to support the goals of the company.
- Assign duties to employees and assist in scheduling their break periods, work hours, and vacations to meet customer demand.
- Work with customers to resolve problems and to restore and promote good public relations.
- Actively promote superior service and product quality over price to customers.
- Work with management to create an annual business plan for the department including objectives and goals.
- Maintain the profitability levels set by management.
- Create annual budget forecast and capital expenditure requests for department.
- Ability to write and prepare Parts re0lated materials, reports, correspondence, etc. .
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn to effectively use company software – with training.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Ability to be proactive and strategic, as well as tactical.
- Strong creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical and parts-related knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of all equipment to safely perform Parts functions. - Ability to empower and develop employees.
- Ability to demonstrate learning and teaching new skills and knowledge. - Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred, three-five years of prior experience in a related field, and/or a combination of both.
- Experience in parts is highly preferred.
- Experience with profit and loss responsibility and management.
- Previous experience in the management of people.
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity