Rental Power & Used Engine Sales Support Specialist - Kansas City, MO
Responsible for supporting used engine sales and rental. Will be a resource and support person to ensure proper application of electric power generation, temperature control, and compressed air equipment.
All essential functions, duties, and other responsibilities will be performed following safety guidelines/practices and be in support of the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Principles Statements and will include the following:
This position may involve knowledge of confidential information. Such information will be handled with the utmost discretion.
- Obtain a satisfactory amount of market share and profitability by helping maximizing the utilization of Power Solutions rental inventory as well as help source inventory when short.
- Handle all Cat dealer-to-dealer rentals and assist the manager with need-to-locate equipment and rental disposal sales paperwork. Work with dealers so they can rent or purchase from Foley before any other dealer (when equipment is available).
- Work independently as project manager for large rental power projects which includes locating equipment and being onsite if needed.
- Support Rental Power Reps and other employees as needed with product knowledge, and locate equipment for all re-rents.
- Provide backup support for the Used Engine Sales Rep, including; customer inquiries, answering and supporting calls, sending quotes, pictures and additional information as needed.
- Communicate with sales/rental management and support personnel to maximize efficiency, communicating needs for sales/rental transactions and changes in the markets served.
- Assists with inventory management.
- Attend tradeshows as directed.
- Ability to write and complete sales order materials. - Ability to effectively communicate. - Strong computer skills and the ability to learn to effectively use company software – with training. - Ability to be confident in sales presentation and to make sales calls. - Positive customer relations skills. - Strong creativity and problem-solving skills. - Ability to answer sales-related questions asked by customers, Caterpillar, and other company personnel. - A thorough understanding of the terminology related to power solutions rental equipment, and products and services that the company sells. - Strong knowledge of assigned industry, its equipment market, uses and needs. - Strong motivation and self-starting initiative is required.
- High school diploma required.
- Some post high school education or college degree preferred.
- Two years of rental industry or sales experience required.
- At least one year in purchase and sale of used equipment preferred.
- Direct power solutions rental industry experience is ideal.
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity