Truck Shop Manager - Salina, KS
Effectively develop and manage truck service operations in a manner that promotes Customer Satisfaction, Market Dominance and Profitability.
All essential functions, duties, and other responsibilities will be performed following safety guidelines/practices and be in support of the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Principles Statements and will include the following:
This position may involve knowledge of confidential information. Such information will be handled with the utmost discretion.
- Manage the day to day transactions, staffing and tooling to promote maximum asset utilization by scheduling and dispatching technicians to ensure smooth and timely repair progression.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoice processing, employee time posting and reviews, parts orders, Service Letter completions, quotes, and customer follow-up.
- Use reports such as Operating Statement, Work in Process, Last Labor to Close, WIP Turnover Ratio to effectively manage within the defined expectations.
- Develop and manage workforce to ensure quality work progression, invoicing and employee growth and satisfaction.
- Assist in determining warranty and goodwill decisions. Create repair estimates, turn-times, and other customer commitments.
- Communicate and follow up with customers to identify their needs and ways that Foley Equipment can support those needs.
- Make and communicate critical decisions consistently with leadership, integrity, quality, urgency and teamwork.
- Complete all necessary documentation and follow up as required in a timely, orderly manner.
- Work with internal customers in a supportive and productive way in support of the goals of the company and not just the individual department.
- Maintain shop, tools, and equipment to promote a clean and safe environment.
- Ability to positively motivate, manage, and develop employees. - Ability to effectively communicate. - Strong computer skills and the ability to learn to effectively use company software – with training. - Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret instructions, specifications, service and parts literature, technical bulletins and other related publications. - Able to compute rates, ratios, and percentages. - Ability to solve practical problems and offer innovative solutions to unique problems. - Positive customer service. - Able to manage time wisely and productively.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous management of people preferred, in a shop environment is helpful- with a proven track record of positive employee relations and staff development.
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity