PR/Governmental Relations Manager - Kansas City, MO
Lead and manage the following:
1) Foley’s earned media communications strategies and tactics including PR and social media communications (social in conjunction with the digital team.)
2) Manage Foley’s strategic engagement with associations including executive and employee participation on boards and committees and vetting associations for business relevance.
3) Serve as the primary interface with governmental entities in Foley’s territory.
4) Build key communications content. Leverage earned media skill set into writing of other content elements such as white papers and internal communications.
5) Serve as the primary marketing lead for internal communications. Partner with key internal constituents (HR, IT, Finance, Executive Team) to build thoughtful internal communication plans.
All essential functions, duties, and other responsibilities will be performed in support of the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Principles Statements and will include the following:
This position may involve knowledge of confidential information. Such information will be handled with the utmost discretion.
- Work proactively with Marketing Managers and other Functional Leaders to ensure that Foley is best leveraging earned media (with emphasis on PR and social) in division level marketing plans.
- Lead Foley’s full development of a PR toolkit, as well as publication engagement strategy for key publications in the markets Foley serves.
- Partner with digital team to build compelling content for use across multiple social media platforms, as well as help determine which platforms are best for Foley.
- Serve as Foley’s lead marketing content creator and writer. Leverage PR and earned media skills into other written communications such as white papers, social media, internal communications and other print media.
- Partner proactively with key internal teams (Safety, HR, IT, Facilities, Finance, Executive Leadership and others) to strategically drive compelling internal communications for Foley employees. Serve as the “go to” person for those organizations needing marketing support for internal projects. Work directly with senior leadership to leverage internal communications to help drive Foley culture across the territory.
- Partnering with executive leadership, actively identify key associations for Foley engagement. Build plans to deeply and strategically engage with those key associations, including optimizing board engagement opportunity and joint media and communications.
- Build Foley’s competence in governmental relations, as well as Foley’s proactive engagement with key governmental entities (both customers as well as influencing entities).
- Partner with sales to track activity, build annual plans and observe and act on competitive actions in the governmental space. Build Foley’s brand with governmental entities across territory.
- Manage all activities within agreed upon budget.
- Lead periodic strategic updates with divisional sales teams as well as executive team to understand the association and governmental landscape.
- Strong marketing background with emphasis on PR, earned media and/or marketing communications, including understanding of how marketing strategy is built and how PR/earned media support those strategies. - Exceptional written communications skills and abilities. - Strong computer skills, including proficiency in all Microsoft Office software. - Great overall communication skills and focus on internal client service as well as external customer satisfaction. - Strong organizational skills. - Ability to take ownership of multiple projects and priorities across a matrix environment. - Ability to work within a deadline driven environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, public relations, communications, writing or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in PR/earned media, marketing, communications, advertising or web-based/interactive marketing.
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity